- 1 medium pineapple, sliced into rings, larger slices halved, skin left on
- 75ml runny honey
- zest 1 lime, plus a squeeze of juice
For the coconut whip
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk, refrigerated for 2-3 hours or preferably overnight
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- handful Greek basil leaves, or ordinary basil, larger leaves torn 2tbsp mix of milled flax, chia seed, apple and cinnamon (such as Linwoods, available to buy at most supermarkets)
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas 4. Spread the pineapple slices on a baking tray then drizzle with the honey, lime zest and juice to cover. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden and sticky.
To make the whip, take the coconut milk out of the fridge and place the solids in the bowl of an electric mixer (reserve the milk for another use). Whisk on a medium speed until soft peaks form. Stir in the vanilla until combined.
Serve the pineapple slices with any remaining honey syrup from the baking tray, spoonfuls of coconut whip and a scattering over the basil leaves and flax, chia seed apple and cinnamon mix.
Recipe credit: Recipes and photographs taken from The Goodness of Nuts & Seeds by Natalie Seldon, photography by Faith Mason (Kyle books, £9.99).