- 500g black olives, rinsed
- 500g green olives, rinsed
- 4tbsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 500ml extra virgin olive oil
- pared zest and juice 2 lemons
- 2tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
Mix all the ingredients together in a large, sterilised screwtop jar or airtight container and leave to macerate for at least 1 day before eating. The olives will keep for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe credit: Recipes and photographs taken from Oklava: Recipes from a Turkish-Cypriot Kitchen by Selin Kiazim. Photography by Chris Terry.