Gorgonzola, walnut, truffle honey and radicchio pizza
Makes 2 x 15cm round pizzas
- semolina or plain flour, for dusting
- 2 x 85g pizza dough balls (see recipe)
- 1½tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 80g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 50g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 radicchio leaves, washed and torn in half lengthways
- 1tbsp truffle honey (available at specialty food stores)
- 30g walnuts, roughly chopped and toasted
Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 250°C/ 475°F/Gas 9 or its highest temperature. Once it has reached the temperature, it will take about 15 minutes for the pizza stone to heat up. Lightly dust a clean work surface with semolina or flour, then roll out each dough ball into a 15cm round about 3mm thick. Place the pizza bases on pieces of baking paper; this is necessary for transferring the assembled pizzas to the heated stone. Prick the bases all over with a fork.
Brush each pizza with ½tbsp of olive oil, then sprinkle the parsley, gorgonzola and mozzarella over the top. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Transfer the pizzas onto the heated pizza stone. Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan with the remaining olive oil over a medium heat, add the radicchio, and cook for 1 minute or until the radicchio is just wilted. Season with sea salt, to taste, and set aside. Using a pizza paddle or wide spatula, carefully transfer the pizzas to a chopping board or plate. Arrange the radicchio leaves on top of the pizzas. Drizzle with the truffle honey and serve sprinkled with the walnuts.