Roast vegetables with feta and orange
- 3 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks on the diagonal
- 200g butternut squash, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated, unpeeled
- handful fresh oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 whole oranges
- juice 2 medium oranges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 75g black olives
- 400g feta, broken into chunks
- fresh parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/ Gas 6. Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tin then drop in the garlic cloves and oregano.
Cut the ends off the 2 whole oranges then cut into thick slices. Cut each slice into quarters. Add to the roasting tin, then pour over the orange juice. Season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
Put in the oven to roast for 45 minutes then turn everything over. Sprinkle over the olives and dot the feta around. Roast for a further 15 minutes. The feta should be soft and creamy and everything else should be on the verge of charring but nicely soft on the bottom.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with oregano and parsley, direct from the tin, or you can place everything on a serving platter and squish the garlic cloves into the tin juices to pour over.