Scandi potato salad
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1kg new potatoes
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 5-6 large gherkins, finely sliced
- 2tsp Dijon or English mustard
- 4tbsp soured cream
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 2tbsp Greek or natural yoghurt handful of dill, finely chopped
Put the onion in a bowl, pour over the vinegar and set aside.
Place the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and slice in half or quarter if large.
Tip the potatoes into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature with the onions scattered over the top.